Logistics Manger – Bronx NY
(Note: This position is based in our Bronx, NY office, Monday – Friday, business hours in an effectively spaced office environment)
Summit Appliance (www.summitappliance.com), a Division of Felix Storch, Inc. is a 50-year-old private business, located in the Hunts Point section of the Bronx. We are a manufacturer and distributor of major appliances, including vaccine, healthcare and life science refrigeration. We are adding staff to handle our recent growth, and the anticipated growth from the largest product expansion in our history. We are seeking an individual to join a dynamic team and assume responsibility for the following:
- Conduct Common carrier freight negotiating and renegotiate as needed
- Ensure the Company is processing orders through using the best freight choice, price and time to delivery.
- Supervise 2 logistics employees who are responsible for obtaining freight quotes and tendering orders to carriers.
- Coordinate the Company’s process for Pooled Trucks, Full Truck loads, LTL and small parcel.
- Ensure proper processing is implemented in both the Bronx, NY and Edison, NJ locations.
Candidates must have at least three years of experience in a similar role for a manufacturing or value-added distribution business.
Job Description and Responsibilities
The individual will report to the VP of Administration and will work closely with the Order Management department.
Specific Job responsibilities are:
- Establish relationships with current and new carriers
- Establish transportation requirements and implement and maintain a transportation management system.
- Negotiate contracts with transportation carriers
- Collaborate with other departments to integrate logistics with company processes.
- Review data to monitor performance and plan improvements in transportation costs.
- MUST have experience negotiating freight rates with LTL and small parcel carriers.
- 2- or 4-year college degree in business or similar field
- 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Docs
- Must be flexible and able to shift from one priority to the next as the needs of the network evolve.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and complete job duties in a timely manner.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to supervise multiple projects.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent multi-tasking ability to handle multiple projects
This is a hands-on position – where you will be responsible for working with multiple departments and need to anticipate needs and expedite shipments. The position offers room for advancement within the company and high visibility to senior management.
What We Offer:
A competitive salary commensurate with education and experience with discretionary bonuses for outstanding work. We offer a professional work environment with the following benefits:
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance (some employee contribution is required)
- Paid vacation and sick time
- A 401K plan with a company match
- A business casual dress code
- Modern offices, a M-F work week and a culture of customer obsession
This position is not suitable for a work from home role. Our offices have been reconfigured for appropriate distancing.
We are convenient to public transportation and are close to most major highways. We have modern offices, a business casual dress policy and are a busy, operation-driven environment.
All candidates must submit a brief email or cover note with their resumes indicating how their education and skills match the job requirements. Applications without any cover note or email will not be considered.
Please send all resumes to [email protected] with the subject line of “Logistics Manager position.”