Careers > Staff Photographer (New York City)
Summit Appliance, a division of Felix Storch, Inc. is a 46 year old family business, located in the Bronx.
We specialize in major appliances for smaller kitchens and special markets. We are conveniently located
to public transportation and close to most major highways. We have modern offices, a business casual
dress policy and are an operation driven busy environment. For more information candidates can view
our website www.summitappliance.com.
We request you fax resumes (preferred) to 1-844-478-8799 or e-mail resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. We request that you include a salary history with your resume or cover note.
Felix Storch, Inc. (FSI) is seeking a full-time Staff Photographer to work with our in-house marketing team. We are a 50-year-old family-run business with nearly 200 employees conveniently located to mass transit in the Bronx. Through our Summit Appliance and Accucold brands, we specialize in producing innovative appliances for the foodservice, hospitality, residential, and medical markets. For a more complete company history, candidates are encouraged to visit our website, summitappliance.com.
The Staff Photographer position will require an experienced individual who will be responsible for shooting, styling, and editing our growing product line for our website, print catalogs, advertising, and social media platforms. The Staff Photographer will work closely with other members of the marketing team to ensure company imagery best represents our brand. This is an ideal position for an enthusiastic, hands-on creative professional.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 2+ years of on-set photography experience, preferably in the e-commerce field
- A strong understanding of lighting, particularly of metal and glass objects
- An eye for photography trends and the ability to provide suggestions and examples for new creative directions while remaining on brand
- Knowledge of industry standard photography and lighting equipment, preferably continuous lighting
- Experience with Canon photography systems
- The ability to work in a high paced environment
- Must be highly creative, flexible, efficient, and detail-oriented
- The ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Good communication skills
- Attention to detail and a high degree of organization
- Video experience is a plus
- Color management experience a plus
- Degree in photography or related field is a plus but not required
The job description will include:
- Style and shooting multiple angles of products to be used for e-com, print catalogs, and other marketing material
- Build and style interior sets for product photography
- Responsibility for all retouching and resizing of images
- Add surface textures to interior set images in Photoshop
- Shoot and edit animated photographs and GIFs
- Process images to meet the requirements of 3rd party web platforms
- Update and maintain the digital archive of images
- Collaborate with Director of Marketing, Digital Marketing Strategist, and Graphic Designer on photography needs and direction
- Color management of images for print and web
- Participate in both on-site and on-location photo shoots as needed
- Shooting company or product video as needed
Our work week is Monday to Friday with standard business hours and a business casual dress code. The Staff Photographer will be working out of our on-site photography studio in the Bronx.
The successful candidate will receive a salary commensurate with skills and experience, and all full-time FSI employees receive:
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Company paid Life Insurance
- A 401K plan with a company match
- Sick and vacation benefits
- Transit check
Candidates are invited to submit a resume with a brief cover note highlighting any relevant experience, as well as a link to their portfolio.